[Mojolicious] setting configuration from the command line
Cam
2018-09-16 17:48:33 UTC
I have a Mojo server-side app and would like to automate an integration
test with the corresponding client (which is not in Perl). The data
source for the app is specificied on the 'my_app.conf' file and uses the
regular config plugin. Is there a standard way of overriding
configuration settings (or specifying and alternate config file) from
the command line so that I can programmatically open a local server
populated with test data and isolated from other prod/testing data?
Jason Cooper
2018-09-17 07:06:44 UTC
Have you tried setting the `MOJO_CONFIG` environment variable to the name
of an alternative config file? Other useful environment variables for
Mojolicious are listed on the wiki -
https://github.com/mojolicious/mojo/wiki/%25ENV

Regards,
Jason.
Cam
sri
2018-09-17 13:18:56 UTC
I would use mode specific config files, like "my_app.testing.conf" and
start the
app with "./my_app.pl daemon --mode testing".

--
sebastian
Cam
Cam