[Mojolicious] Query on read timeout in Mojo/IOLoop/Stream.pm
Ganesh Udupa
2018-09-28 06:50:25 UTC
https://github.com/mojolicious/mojo/blob/master/lib/Mojo/IOLoop/Stream.pm#L40
Can someone help me understand what exactly is the timeout here?. I
understand that we use Non blocking I/O and it might retry.
I wanted to understand the behavior when it fails to read in 15 seconds.
Will the method _read
(https://github.com/mojolicious/mojo/blob/master/lib/Mojo/IOLoop/Stream.pm#L98)
throw an error? . Is there a way to increase this timeout from 15 seconds?
The reason I ask is that, in our application, read_ is ending up with an
error randomly. ( Very rare). Since this error is not printed, we are
unable to root cause it.
Ganesh Udupa
Scott Wiersdorf
2018-10-01 13:12:34 UTC
Hi Ganesh,

Maybe this thread will give you some ideas:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mojolicious/y43kqu06sgg/jLvSkSYvAgAJ

Scott
Ganesh Udupa
2018-10-02 06:48:30 UTC
Thanks a lot Scott for the pointer. Appreciate.
However we already have MOJO_INACTIVITY_TIMEOUT set to 60 seconds in our
app. We are not hitting inactivity timeout.
But _read in Stream.pm fails ( Randomly) and its caught in the error method
$stream->on(error of Daemon. I wanted to know what can lead to read issue
and the importance of 15 seconds in non blocking I/O. There is nothing in
the log file, other than "[error]"
Thanks in advance.
Hi Ganesh,