[Mojolicious] Cannot allocate memory
Stefan Adams
2018-08-05 02:02:11 UTC
I've been getting this message recently:

Server available at http://127.0.0.1:8080
Can't fork: Cannot allocate memory at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1/Mojo/Server.pm line 31, <DATA> line 222.

It seems hard to believe I'm low on memory:

$ free -m
total used *free* shared buff/cache
available
Mem: 990 65 *869* 123 56
869
Swap: 0 0 0

I'm sure that the problem is something in my application code, but being
that it kicks back so quickly, I don't even know how I could begin to
troubleshoot it. Any advice?
Stefan Adams
Flavio Poletti
2018-08-05 06:56:45 UTC
Maybe some limitation on the memory that can be allocated to the processes
inside the container or the running shell (if any)? Don't know about LXC,
for shell stuff you might try to run `ulimit` in the relevant context to
dig this a bit more.

Cheers,

Flavio.
Stefan Adams
2018-08-18 22:41:07 UTC
FWIW: I have not been having this issue since upgrading to 7.92. Fingers
crossed!! :D

Is there any chance this was related to the fix that 7.92 brought?
sri
2018-08-18 23:44:12 UTC
Post by Stefan Adams
Is there any chance this was related to the fix that 7.92 brought?
There likely were leaks.

--
sebastian